4. We emptied the loft of 'stuff' this weekend and did a car boot sale. We got up early and with two cars full we headed to Ashley Heath. It was very busy and we ended up making just over £200! We also came home with more than enough stuff to do another one. Does that give you an idea of the amount of stuff we had! I've been using our takings for our food money this week - it was quite funny paying in Aldi and Sainsburys with 50 pences and pound coins!!!
5. Lucky that we made some money, as of right now I have a bill on my desk for a boiler repair, one for the extra to pay for Chris' shoulder op (our private medical insurance would not cover the full amount), Chris also had to have emergency dental treatment, and then yesterday my tumble dryer stopped working... grrr!
6. Jake had a piece of homework to complete over the holidays to research a family member who fought in WW1. We signed up for the 14 day free trial with Ancestry and have been working on two of his great-great-grandads, one on my side of the family and one on Chris' side of the family. In all honesty it's me that loves doing all this family research stuff. I love to find out all I can about each person. Since we've only got 14 days, I've been desperately trying to search all I can before the free trial ends. This is his great-great-grandad John Dart.... he was one of the lucky ones who came home.
7. Whilst I've been off, I've been going through all my old photo albums. A lot of them were falling apart, so I've taken all the photos out and boxed them, ensuring that I have information written on the back with dates, who, when, etc. It's been an emotional exercise. People who are no longer with us, a life before our boys, nieces and nephews a lot smaller than they are now, places I'd forgotten about. Here's one of Chris and I in 1988! Bet your jealous of that hair right!?! Love how I have a camera in my hand.
8. The air's getting a bit chilly around here the last few days... there's a chance one or two of the radiators may be turned on soon. Trying to hold out til at least September.
9. I have all the uniform shopping done - hallelujah. All washed, labelled and ready to go. I am superwoman.. no not really but it feels good that this one is checked off my to-do list. Now all we need to do is teach Todd how to tie a tie!
10. Chris has received an email from the Olympics medical team asking him to volunteer for Rio. He was very excited until he realised he would need to fund his own flight and accommodation, much like for London. Travel and meals whilst on duty would be covered as would the uniform, but alas that is not enough to get him there.