1. Not very good at the going to bed earlier because I've got to get up so early thing... I believe they call it 'burning the candle at both ends'. Never actually seen anyone doing that, but I imagine it's quite tricky.
2. Jake's enthusiasm for the latest set of books he is reading is great. He is on book three of the Percy Jackson series and flying through it. The author has cleverly told the stories of the Greek Gods in his books so without perhaps realising it, Jake has become quite an expert on them. We've discovered tonight that the author has also written a series using the Ancient Egyptian Gods... apparently they're going on Jake's Christmas list.
3. Work is super busy, mind you I like that... you look at the clock and realise you've only got an hour to go ;-)
4. Have decided to really work on the training with Bosley, we love him to bits but he has issues, especially walking on his lead. I walk him much more these days and it's simply not fun. I am confident with a fab book from my friend Bev and a new no-pull harness on order we shall improve together - wish me luck!
5. Curly Wurlys - yum :-)
6. Well done to Jake's maths teacher. His homework tonight involved working through 4 online modules, lots of quick fire questions with time limits... the best bit though was seeing how he scored against his classmates. It really tapped into a boys competitive spirit. The final result - he was third in the class scoring a bronze medal!
7. So 'grateful' for yet another home learning project of Todd's. I'm sure the teachers dream up these projects as pay back to the parents for having the little people in a classroom all day. This terms project... a secret garden. We are using a shoe box. So far we've painted, glued and cut out bits with the Cuttlebug. It's not finished yet. It's quite funny watching all the parents in the playground in the morning looking at the different secret gardens being handed in... subconsciously marking them against their own childs attempt.
8. Shame to hear about Tom Clancy's passing this week. His books were so popular and many were favourite films. What a wonderful feeling it must have been to know so many people enjoyed your writing.
9. Jake has cookery tomorrow at school. This week it's cereal bars. I must admit I don't remember my mum having to measure out and chop my ingredients before taking into school - I've done most of the hard work!
10. Trying a new recipe this week from my recipes board on Pinterest - I'll let you know how it goes.